Life with Visio and other Microsoft Toys!

WP7 Mango frustrations

leave a comment »

I just spent a frustrating weekend trying to upgrade one of my apps to Mango. The process seemed straight forward, but I ended up with some cryptic errors and once I cleaned them up, the program failed to load with an unknown thread error.

I was able to create a Mango verion of my app by creating a clean Mango app and copying the body of the MainPage.xaml and MainPage.xaml.cs from the pre Mango version to the new Mango app. I was unable to work out the difference between this Mango app and the one that was upgraded to Mango. One thing I did notice was that the Mango verion contained

using System.Resources;
[assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute ( "en-US" )]

While the upgraded did not. So it appears the upgrade process is not as robust as it should be.

John Marshall… Visio MVP


Written by johnvisiomvp

September 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Posted in Windows Phone 7, WP7

Tagged with ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: